11/11/11

a ventricular enlargement and a cold to go with it!

So, today I got my results from my cardiologist.  Last year, they had found fluid around my heart and diagnosed me with Lyme carditis.  I have been very short of breath and having chest pain; two episodes landed me in the ER (both times they said I was fine even tho my heart rate was 40 and my chest felt like knives were stabbing into it.  I am on oxygen as needed for air hunger and had an echo and a stress test and they found some problems; significant abnormalities which require further testing that hopefully can be treated.
I was surprised to hear it could be somehow related to a sleep disorder and my narcolepsy.

The good news is.....I have a cold!!!  I have not had a cold or flu in probably 20 years (no kidding) which I now know means  my (can't think of the word) system has not been working properly.  now that i am showing signs of a cold, maybe these chinese herbs i have been taking are actually pumping up my....got it....immune system!  now i have to worry about catching things but  at least my immune system is beginning to work....hooray!

Finally; my pain dr. is ordering a slew of x-rays, as is my cardiologist....my chest,  legs, etc for the heart and my pelvis, knees and hips for the bone pain.  Also, blood work and sleep studies, all things that should have been done long ago.  These will all be submitted for my appeal as well.  My hips are so bad now i am getting scared i will end up in a wheelchair if things don't improve. it hurts to lie down, stand, walk or sit, what to do? i need a tempurpedic bed sooo bad Santa!

No comments: